A couple of days ago,I was bored of having a regular Indian lunch.I wanted something different and my taste buds craves for something spicy!I was surprised that I even wanted to eat anything spicy!May be it was the weather..Anyway,I prepared a quick rice dish in the microwave and enjoyed a lovely lunch of piping hot peppered carrot-capsicum rice!.
Ginger-garlic paste-1 teaspoon
Curry leaves- a few
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Freshly ground pepper-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.After 15 minutes drain and keep aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl put in oil,cumin seeds,ginger garlic paste,onion,curry leaves,carrot and capsicum and mix.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes or till the onion is translucent.
- To the same bowl add 2 cups water,rice,salt and pepper.
- Microwave on high,covered, for 10 minutes or till the rice is cooked.
- Stir twice in between.Let it stand for a couple of minutes before you remove the bowl from the microwave.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or gravy.
Piping hot peppered carrot capsicum rice served with tomato sauce...
The timing may vary due to the quantity cooked,voltage etc.Adjust accordingly.
I had some leftover after the lunch and served it to hubby in the evening.He likes to have something with tea and I prefer that he takes something healthy rather than store brought snacks.He did enjoy it and even asked for a second helping!
Try it out,your family is sure to enjoy it...
Labels: Capsicum Recipes, Carrot, KLBRice, Microwave Magic, Rendezvous with Rice, Vegan varieties