Another poori variety for Lil Angel.I used spinach for her favorite green colored pooris.
Spinach leaves from 1/2 a bunch
Wheat flour - 3 cups
Ajwain - 1/2 a teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Drop the leaves in boiling water and remove after a minute.
- Puree the spinach without adding water.
- Take the wheat flour ,salt and ajwain in a bowl.Use the puree to knead the poori dough.[If there is excess puree use it for soup or add to gravy.If it is not sufficient, use a little water to knead.]
- Pinch out small balls and roll into poori's
- Heat oil for deep frying and fry these mini pooris in batches.
- Drain and serve with potato masal.
Other poori varieties
This day that year
2009 - Boondi Raita
Labels: Bread Basket, Fried Breads, KLBPoori, Morning Raga, Poori Recipes, Vegan varieties